- A better tent, namely the £99 tent from Go Outdoors that I could not afford this time round
- Solar power aside the generator to run electrical appliances with a heavy duty inverter
- Running of a station on site, hopefully HF as well as 2 and 70, and possibly an amateur TV setup as I look into that aspect of the hobby
- Better Internet access arrangement rather than tethering to my phone as I had to do, the mobile data service on my tablet never worked at Newark so everything was through my phone
- A heater for outdoor use as nights were cooler than expected
- Reworked cooking facilities though I will still keep the existing stove
I may add to that list as time progresses, I also hope to have either filtering on the QYT and Leixen by then to get rid of the pager interference both sets are terribly prone to or a better mobile set for portable ops that is designed properly.
There are still rallies left in 2018 and I hope my next one will be the Spennymoor rally run by BARAC, and if I am there please do say hi.
73 de 2E0EIJ